Monday, March 22, 2010

What dreams may come






Within the next couple months I'll be moving to a bigger place. The Grumpy Danish* and I have been holed up in a basement apartment for far too long. We'll be getting either a two or three bedroom apartment, and as we have no ankle biters to take up the second room, I will be turning it into my personal dressing room. Yup, it's going to be one big dammed closet. So, for the next couple months I'll be dreaming about the possibilities. My biggest task will be figuring out how to display my jewelery without it turning into complete and utter chaos. As well there's my 60 or so purses, and dozens of shoes (not sure how many dozen, I haven't counted them all) plus all my clothing.
I think I want to go for a bright, girly, vintage shop feel. I have pretty much no furniture at the moment, so will be on the hunt for cute, cheap options. The one piece I've found that I plan to get so far is the day bed pictured above. It's from Ikea and I think paired with some funky cushions it would make a nifty couch. It unfolds into a full double bed and has 3 drawers for storage on the bottom (yay!) Plus, in daybed mode it would take up very little room, allowing more room for all my stuff. Anyone have any tips for storing/displaying accessories?

*The grumpy Danish is my husband of 6 years

3 comments:

  1. I am sooooo jealous!!!! ...and excited for you! I can't wait to see the pics of the giant closet room when you're all done! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jen, it'll be a couple months, but I'll be sure to post pics once my masterpiece is complete.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so excited for you. My husband and I are buying a house and I had always dreamed of having a room turned into my closet. I never considered that the darn master bedroom would be downstairs and the other 2 bedrooms upstairs. So sad. Can't wait to see your closet though.

    ReplyDelete