Saturday, April 24, 2010
I am doll parts
I woke up this morning not feeling great. I crawled out of bed and called in sick and then crawled back in bed and slept. A long time. Like till 2pm. I haven't slept that much in a long long time. Apparently I should more often though, because when I finally woke up and fired up the laptop I found I'd been given a Sugar Doll Award by Jennifer at one of my fave blogs http://jasiferlionsclub.blogspot.com/.
1) Thank and link the person who gave you the award.
2) Pass this award onto fabulous bloggers of your choice.
3) Contact said blogs and let them know they've won.
4) Re-post and state 10 things about yourself.
Narrowing down some fabulous bloggers is REALLY hard, there's so many blogs I read and love. I tried to choose ones that are smaller or haven't received awards before. So here goes my list:
I first fell in love with Sarah when she wrote about stealing a dresser from a cute blond moppet. She's feisty and funny.
Hailing from London the gypsy is a free spirit who's beautiful curly hair perfectly matches her personality. She seems to pour a lot of heart into each one of her posts and is far more eloquent then I could ever dream of being.
I've featured her blog one time before. The fact that she decided to start her blog after getting stoned is reason enough to give her an award. (She's also really stylish and incredibly beautiful)
My fellow lovely Canuck is from Montreal. She's currently on hiatus so she can travel Europe (lucky!) But she'll be back May 24th. In the mean time, look though her previous posts to see her awesome vintage style.
Her hair alone deserves and award, it's amazing! She also has a fierce style and personality.
Another fellow Canadian, the frog's eyebrows loves old movies and she looks like she was magically transported from one. She's got this wholesome likability to her and looks kinda like the funkiest librarian you'll ever see.
So, now for 10 things about me:
1. My hair colour today, is not my natural colour. I'm actually like a dark blond. (as seen in my wedding picture) I dye it on a monthly basis. I feel like the dark hair suits me better somehow.
2. I'm consider myself a feminist. Some people may think wearing lipstick and heels is an oxi-moron with being a feminist, but I'm a woman and proud of it. I also don't hate all men, just the bastard ones that deserve it.
3. For a long time I was quite a tomboy. Not so much in the being athletic sense, but the not dressing feminine sense. Back in grade 5 I used to love wearing big earrings and such, but then some other kids made comments and I stopped. In highschool I mostly wore pants, when I did wear a skirt some girl made a bitchy comment, so again I stopped. I hit puberty before a lot of the other girls did and was very self conscious about my body. I remember back in grade 7 thinking I was huge and looking back in pictures from that time now, I was fine. Now I dress for me and I like myself a lot better then I ever used to.
4. I love reading. From an early age I loved to get lost in a book. Often when life's gotten tough they were a way to escape. I also read pretty quickly, I can usually finish a book in a day or two.
5. I long to travel, growing up I'd hear all these amazing stories about places where people in my family had been to like Lebanon, Japan, Cyprus, Holland, Saudi Arabia etc. My grandfather was a peacekeeper, so got stationed in the middle east and my uncle was a civil engineer and worked all over the world. I haven't made it very far yet, but my goal last year was to make it to a different country, so I took a trip to Cuba (lol, actually two trips) and this year my goal is to make it to another continent.
6. My favourite food is Middle Eastern food. As I said above, my grandpa was stationed in the Middle East, so my grandma and mom visited him stayed there for a few months and learned to love the food. Growing up I ate things like Baba Ganoush, Shawarma, Tabbouleh and Baklava (along with the usual North American food like Kraft Dinner, mashed potatoes etc as well)
7. I love movies. Along with books they've also always been a way of escaping. One of my favourite things to do is to sit in a darkened theatre for a few hours and travel to other times and places. Unfortunately the Grumpy Danish has a horrible taste in movies, so I don't get to see as many good ones as I'd like.
8. I'm kinda on the shy side and a bit of a loner at times. I like people, but I'm cool spending time by myself as well. I don't do well at mingling and meeting new people. I've had the same two best friends forever (became friends with Marie when I was 8 and Kat-o-Gram when I was about 11)
9. I'm an overgrown child. I love cotton candy, blowing bubbles, swinging, jumping in puddles, going to the zoo and being immature in general.
10. Speaking of puddles, one of my favourite memories is from when I was probably about 12, Marie and I used to run outside when it was raining and dance in the rain and jump in puddles. We used to used Garbage's song 'I'm only happy when it rains' at the top of our lungs. I'm sure all the neighbours thought we were bonkers.
I'll return later today to show off today's frock. (lol, I have yet to put it on as I'm still in my p.j.'s)