Thursday, April 22, 2010

Today my heart swings











Spent a lovely day in solitude. Lately when I've had a day off I've been spending the day with family or friends or running errends or going into work to do projects, so it was nice to spend a day alone with no schedule. I slept in and then headed downtown and had a delicious lunch. I had linguine and some yummy tiramisu for dessert. Then I spent some time poking around some of the little shops downtown. I picked up the latest copy of Bust (an awesome magazine for those you that haven't read it) and went down by the lake to read it. One of the things I love about Barrie is that it has a great waterfront. I found a sunny spot on a rock and read for an hour or so and then went for a stroll on the boardwalk. I love the feeling of walking on the boardwalk, the way it feels beneath your feet and the sound of your footsteps. The picture of the sculpture shows off Barrie's eiffel tower or empire state building, it's called the spirit catcher and is featured prominently in any pictures of Barrie. I ended up at the park and decided to swing. I sat my bottom in one of the swings and proceeded to push off with my feet. Nope, that wasn't going to work. Swings are made for children, not my hips. ouch. Luckily I looked across and saw the saucers, now they're just right. Best part about them is that you can lie down and swing away. I think adults would be healthier and happier if we swinged more. I'm not sure why I ever stopped.

3 comments: