Thursday, April 15, 2010

Making Accessories Easy Peasy


I've heard some people say they don't know how to accessorize. To me this is a foreign idea. To me, not wearing accessories is like going out not fully dressed. Despite her royal pedigree, the pale and pallor princess is not wealthy. Also being a plus sized girl can make finding cute clothing difficult sometimes. To make the most of what I have accessorizing is practically a necessity. You can dress fairly basically and completely change your look with shoes, jewelery, purses, scarves etc. To see some awesome examples of this check out http://www.theuniformproject.com/. Blogger Sheena is wearing the same dress for a year and only changing it up with layers and accessories.
Today I wore a fairly basic outfit, jeans, a navy tank top and a green argyle sweater. (you can also see me wearing the sweater in my profile pic) I wanted to show how many different options there are to wear with it. People are often guilty of finding a look they like and sticking with it. It's easy to think this sweater goes with this necklace and always wear the two together. I've matched my outfit up with a whole bunch of different jewelery and I'll also be showing how to put it together with other accessories to make a complete look.
I used a whole lot of accessories, so if you want info about any particular pieces, just leave a comment and I'll let you know where it's from.

2 comments:

  1. I love that cardi - its so cute! Where's it from?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a company in Canada called Joe Fresh.
    http://www.joe.ca/
    Unfortunately I don't think they actually sell online. They have a couple stores, but most of their stuff is actually sold inside grocery stores. I've bought a few really cute sweaters from them.

    ReplyDelete